Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Can't Believe It's Not Cable!

For the past two months, I have been suffering.

Cox is having some kind of problems, so for the past two months I have not been able to access several digital channels, Biography channel included. I know what you're thinking, "Who cares? Biographies are for pansies." My thoughts exactly! But unfortunately, there is a definitely nonbiographical program that airs on Bio, and that is Airline. For lo these many months, I have been unable to view it. (I know, you empathize. It's okay to weep; we all love that show.)

Well, as you know, last week I was housesitting for Amy. Well, Tuesday morning at ten o'clock, I was scanning channels and what should I see? Airline! Turns out the problem is not with Cox, the problem is with me. I have been missing my show all this time for nothing!

So I scheduled to have the cable guy come out between 4 and 7. I had to work today, but I was thinking, "I get off at 5, I'll rush home, and I'm sure I'll be fine. They're always late anyway." Well, you probably know how this story ends. They called at 4:15 and showed up at 4:40. I considered shutting the library down early so I could watch my show next Tuesday, but then I realized that keeping my job is probably more important than keeping my cable. So I continue to do without.

But anyway, speaking of housesitting (I know, we weren't at the moment, but I'm all out of good segues,) I am really ready to live in a house again. Amy's house was in a very cute lil neighborhood, kind of like Murray Hill was a few years ago, lots of bungalows from the olden days. I spent many an evening rockin' away on the porch swing, or just exploring the neighborhood on foot. Being there made me miss having a porch swing, a garden, and curbside recycling. (I'll go ahead and answer your question before you ask it: Yes, it is possible to miss things that you have never had.) I'm still not ready to be a homeowner, but I think I'm ready to live in a house again. Maybe with a (potentially murderous) stranger, maybe with a friend (if I can make one in the next few months! That might cut into my TV time, though...) So I will keep patrolling craigslist, and maybe even say hi to the occasional stranger. Who knows where my next roommate might be lurking!

1 comments:

MinervaMax said...

I have my homeowner's class this Thursday. I still don't feel any closer to home ownership, though. I guess in a way it is still a somewhat scary step. Tony still wants me to buy near wherever he ends up buying. That would be so convenient, but I really think I'm probably over Duval County.

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Happy Go Ducky. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.