Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Too Much Information

Marie, Avery, and I went to the library's staff picnic at the zoo last night. We frolicked, rode the train, and tried to ride the carousel (but there were too many dang kids), then finally headed home. On the way back, we were quite hot and thirsty, and decided that water and ice cream (not combined, of course) sounded like the perfect treat. We pulled into Sonic, and our order went something like this:

Sonic girl: Thanks for choosing Sonic, how can I help you?

Marie: Can I get three ice cream cones, three bottles of water, and three napkins?

Sonic girl: (pause) Ok, that was three ice creams, three waters, and...three napkins?

Marie: Oh no wait, actually could you make it six napkins? We're messy eaters.

Sonic girl: Ok, six napkins. (She is openly laughing at us now.)

We all managed to contain our laughter until the speaker went off. Avery and I had to ask Marie why she thought she needed to order napkins. Turns out, she just meant to ask for extra napkins, but in the heat of the moment she got carried away. When our order came, we had not three, not six, but SEVEN napkins! Now that's what I call customer service.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, SEVEN napkins! That's darn amazing! Back in my day, when I worked at Burger King, those folks were lucky to get two! It's all this wasteful generation's fault, I say!!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Happy Go Ducky. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.