Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Beverage Incident

So a few nights ago, a few friends from church and I went to Starbucks. Now normally, I would rather sip on a nice refreshing glass of water, but I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb, so I ordered a hot chocolate. The night proceeded without further incident.

Well, when I told my coworkers about this event, they were shocked and somewhat disbelieving. You see, I always drink water with lunch, and even when we go out after work, h2o is my beverage of choice. They demanded pictorial evidence of this allegedly flavorful beverage, which I was unfortunately unable to supply. Still, my weekend escapades were profiled in our newsletter, which goes out to everyone who works at our branch.

Fast forward to yesterday. It was my night to work late, which is the only time I really get to talk to Tonya, since she works 5-8 every night. It was actually pretty slow, so we were just checking in books and chatting. Then, I remembered that I hadn't told her about my visit to Fusion. Eagerly, I said, "Tonya, guess what I did last night?"

Bracing herself against the wall, Tonya said, "Don't tell me you had another beverage. My heart can't handle the shock."

Some people are so dramatic.

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Happy Go Ducky. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes And Web Hosting Reviews.